Wednesday, April 25, 2012

And, Today's London Weather Forecast...



It's getting to be pretty easy to forecast the weather these days.  If you say, it's going to rain, well you wouldn't be wrong.  No need for a fancy meteorological degree here.

I can't say we weren't warned.  Everyone said London was wet and gloomy, but our first 10 days were nothing like that.  It was cold, but the sun was shining and the birds were singing and the little squirrels were playing and well it was nice.  I started to believe the rain was one of those myths like the one about Wellington being windy everyday. But I was wrong.

It has now rained for the past five days and five more days of rain are forecast.  I guess there could be even more days of rain to come since I've only seen a five day forecast.

I've already lost one umbrella.  The wind, that people said was rare in London, got it.  I knew I should have paid more than £4.50 for an umbrella!  But I needed one fast and the Tesco Metro was close by.  It was that umbrella or no umbrella for blocks, but I immediately regretted my purchase.

The little plastic thingy at the top that holds it together popped in the first hour and during hour two the fabric came off one of the spokes and well I guess I'm lucky it's made it to day five.  Time for a new one.





1 comment:

  1. I had the same experience when I first moved here 12 months ago. Weather was lovely and I thought everyone was lying about it. Oh and the stupid cheap umbrellas!! I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

    ReplyDelete